If you have found this site useful and would like to show your support, you can buy us a cup of coffee (or more). Your gesture is greatly appreciated!
E-MU Proteus MPS Plus Orchestral
The E-MU Proteus MPS Plus Orchestral is essentially a Proteus MPS with an additional 4MB ROM of orchestral samples (the same sample set used in the Proteus/2). This gave you 4MB of Pop/Rock instruments and 4MB of Orchestral instruments.
E-MU issued a range of ROM cards for the MPS. Each card adds 100 new presets.
9070 – MPS Pop Collection
9071 – MPS Textures/Pads
9072 – PlusPower (MPS+)
9073 – General MIDI
9074 – Fresh Mix
9075 – The Best Blend
60-pin 256Kbyte SRAM memory card – p/n ZM348
ROM Size: 8MB
Sample Rate/Bitrate: 39kHz 16-bit
Polyphony: 32 Voices
MIDI Channels: 16
MIDI Ports: 3
Audio Outs: 4
Digital Outs: No
Factory Reset & Diagnostics
This procedure destroys any presets stored in RAM.
1. Hold both Master and Preset buttons down and power on the unit.
2. Once booted up into the Diagnostics menu, turn the Data wheel knob to Initialize.
3. Press the Enter button.
4. Press Enter again to confirm.
5. Turn the unit off, wait a few seconds and turn the unit on.
6. Load the factory user presets from SysEx file.